Position Overview: The Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator is a shared position between the Washington Recovery Alliance and the King County Recovery Coalition. KCRC is the local affiliate of the statewide WRA, a burgeoning nonprofit organization. This position plays a key role in shaping the WRA and KCRC’s internal and external relations and operational success. Volunteer coordination responsibilities include the management, recruitment and retention of volunteers for the WRA. This position also supports the office by handling administrative activities. These responsibilities include supporting event planning and execution, maintaining the website and social media pages, and creating systems for office efficiency.
WRA/KCRC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, individuals who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, formerly justice-involved individuals, and people with lived experiences of mental health and/or substance use challenges. This position will remain open until filled.
Volunteer Coordination Duties:
• Develop and expand the WRA’s volunteer recruitment and engagement program
• Cultivate relationships with existing volunteers and work to align their interests and skills to needed work
• Manage volunteer applications and track engagement history
• Manage the volunteers and the volunteer experience, including onsite during programs, communication prior, during and post event to evaluate fit
• Coordinate volunteer appreciation
• Coordinate volunteer training process
The WRA is in the process of securing its first office location. This position will lay the foundation for a functional and thriving office set-up.
• Create office systems and processes for the WRA, including phone lists, guest lists/RSVP tracking, scheduling meetings, etc.
• Coordinate office supplies and printing projects.
• Manage office machines including copier, phone system, etc.
• Manage WRA and KCRC social media accounts
• Provide event planning and execution support, including logistics management
• Provide phone answering for the WRA main line and assist callers in meeting their needs
• Assist WRA Executive Director and King County Recovery Coalition Director in the execution of special projects
• Make bank deposits, keep receipts organized and filed
• Data entry
• Basic website edits and maintenance
• Pick-up and distribute mail
• Create event flyers and social media graphics
• Manage Mailchimp database and communications to WRA network
• Process mileage reimbursement, thank you notes, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
The WRA is committed to an equitable hiring process that recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of education history.
· Passion for the mission of the WRA
· 1-2 years of administrative experience
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· High level of professionalism
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Competency in Microsoft Office suite and G suite
· Confidence in developing new processes to increase efficiency
· Familiarity with managing Facebook groups and pages
· Basic graphic design skills
· Individuals who identify as in recovery from substance use challenges (preferred)
This position offers a $5,000 healthcare stipend, a retirement plan, as well as 3 weeks paid time off, 9 paid holidays, 3 personal days, a mobile phone, and a flexible schedule.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED