The primary role of Community Liaison is to coordinate with officials from federal, state, and local governments, businesses, organizations, non-profits and constituents on issues involving the federal government. The Community Liaison, as part of our district outreach team, is the eyes and ears for Congressman Larsen while he is in Washington D.C. The outreach team is expected to develop relationships with our district stakeholders and to learn the details of their projects and policy concerns, and to anticipate their interest in federal policy development. This position would serve the communities in the 2nd Congressional District in Island County and with an emphasis on veteran communities and military installations throughout the district.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serving as an official representative for Congressman Larsen at meetings, forums and public events;
- Building and maintaining relationships with constituents, non-profit organizations, businesses, local government, federal agencies and stakeholders in Island County;
- Traveling regularly throughout the district to monitor local issues, projects and activities;
- Working with Washington D.C. based policy staff on federal policy development and interpretation for local stakeholders;
- Event planning, including Congressman Larsen’s district schedule;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the communities of Island County and experience with outreach activities working with government, veteran communities, local stakeholder groups and the business community;
- Understanding of veteran benefits and organization of the Department of Defense and military branches;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent thinking while working as part of a team on confidential projects and issues;
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends;
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle;
- Comfortable discussing issues with both large and small groups, as well as public speaking.
- Qualified candidates should have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Experience in government, public policy, public affairs, or military service is preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Office of Congressman Larsen
C/O Adam LeMieux
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Ste 9F
Everett, WA 98201
Submissions due by November 27.