The National Field Director will oversee our distributed national organizing program, manage our Regional Field Directors, and ensure our volunteers have a huge impact in 2020
This position will report to the Head of Organizing and oversee a team of Regional Field Directors. The ideal candidate will have deep organizing knowledge and experience building volunteer programs.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization that took back the House in 2018 by building a national campaign for Democratic candidates in 84 Swing Districts in three big ways: recruiting and training an army of volunteers, raising funds from grassroots donors, and building cultural momentum for the midterms. For 2020, we’ll be bringing our “campaigns-in-waiting” model to swing Senate seats, defend the House, win the state-level races needed to ensure fair maps for 2021 redistricting—and, of course, the Presidency.
In 2018 we took back the House. Join us, and help take back all the Houses in 2020.
- Manage Swing Left’s small, but mighty, team of Regional Field Directors
- Design and develop systems and best practices for supporting volunteer leaders, and the teams they’re building in cities and towns across the country
- Work closely with the Head of Organizing on shaping Swing Left’s strategy for volunteer engagement and voter contact
- Establish metrics and organizing goals; track progress to goals and monitor success of the organizing program
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with at least 2 years of management experience
- Preference for candidates who have worked in electoral organizations
- High level of comfort with creative uses of technology. Experience with digital organizing not required but is preferred
- Deep passion for developing volunteer-centric organizing strategies
- Ability to evaluate work both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (Swing Left is still very much a startup)
The National Field Director position is full-time, remote position. Swing Left provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.