The Head of Product will oversee the development of products to support Swing Left programs and ensure an effective user experience through our technology platforms.
This position reports to the Managing Director and will work with a team of designers, engineers and data scientists. They will provide leadership, vision, and strategy as well as excellence in execution. The ideal candidate will have deep product development knowledge and experience collaborating with design, technology, marketing, communications, and legal. This is a new position at Swing Left and will be part of the organization’s Leadership team.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization that took back the House in 2018 by building a national campaign for Democratic candidates in 84 Swing Districts in three big ways: recruiting and training an army of volunteers, raising funds from grassroots donors, and building cultural momentum for the midterms. For 2020, we’ll be bringing our “campaigns-in-waiting” model to swing Senate seats, defend the House, win the state-level races needed to ensure fair maps for 2021 redistricting—and, of course, the Presidency.
In 2018 we took back the House. Join us, and help take back all the Houses in 2020.
- Responsible for vision, execution, and monitoring of the end-to-end volunteer experience and how a subscriber or prospective subscriber interacts with all of our touchpoints: the website, emails, SMSes, ads, events, and more
- Lead our designers to properly iterate on the development of products
- Ensure Swing Left products are effective, clear, and coherent
- Work with other team leads to gather requirements and project goals, create plans for development with estimates on timing, and lead team to execute on plans
- Work with technology team to define the core user journeys that will inform and guide decisions around our sites and volunteer support tools; refine journeys over time, building on successes and learning from mistakes
- Work with technology team to create growth and optimize products to find and recruit tens of thousands of volunteers and users to join the hundreds of thousands of Swing Left members as we encourage participation in our volunteer and fundraising efforts
- 5+ years as a Product Manager at a technology company
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams, including design, technology, marketing, communications, and legal
- Hands-on experience with analytics and data tools like Google Analytics, Google Optimize, and Optimizely
- SQL skills strongly preferred
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (Swing Left is still very much a startup)
The Head of Product position is full-time, remote position. Swing Left provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.