The Development Director will create and implement strategies to raise funds for Swing Left to ensure the organization has the resources necessary to execute its mission.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director to create and implement fundraising programs. The ideal candidate will have experience running campaign fundraising programs and implementing major donor plans. This is a new position at Swing Left and will be part of the organization’s Operations team
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization that took back the House in 2018 by building a national campaign for Democratic candidates in 84 Swing Districts in three big ways: recruiting and training an army of volunteers, raising funds from grassroots donors, and building cultural momentum for the midterms. For 2020, we’ll be bringing our “campaigns-in-waiting” model to swing Senate seats, defend the House, win the state-level races needed to ensure fair maps for 2021 redistricting—and, of course, the Presidency.
In 2018 we took back the House. Join us, and help take back all the Houses in 2020.
- Oversee the research of potential donors to gain insights into needs, beliefs, and donation habits to understand how to engage them in donating to Swing Left
- Identify and contact prospective donors and follow up to provide additional information and/or to continue engaging with the donor
- Create programs that will engage and retain new and existing donors
- Create fundraising messages that are compelling to potential donors and consistent with the Swing Left brand
- Work with the Executive Director to set fundraising goals and report on progress as requested
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies that will allow Swing Left to accomplish its goals
- Organize campaigns and events that will lead to soliciting donors and/or in coordination with donors
- Develop a process and structure for maintaining records of donor information for future use. Create and implement system for maintaining accuracy of donor information
- Evaluate success of fundraising efforts and events and make adjustments to strategy as necessary
- Collaborate with Digital fundraising team to ensure alignment among programs
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- At least 4-6 years of experience in fundraising for statewide or Federal campaigns
- Experience running campaign fundraising programs and major donor plans
- Knowledge of campaign finance rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (Swing Left is still very much a startup)
The Development Director position is full-time, remote position. Swing Left provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.