DelBene for Congress, Congresswoman Suzan DelBene’s reelection campaign, seeks a Field Organizer for the 2018 election cycle. The field organizer will be responsible for cultivating a strong base of volunteers, executing a field plan in the 1st Congressional District, and staffing the Congresswoman. The field organizer is a full-time position through November.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers in phone banking, canvassing, parades, and community events
- Coordinating regular phone banks, canvasses, and other voter contact events
- Running the day to day operations of a field office
- Meeting personal and volunteer goals for phone calls, door knocks, and other metrics the campaign is tracking
- Representing Congresswoman DelBene at events throughout the district when she is unable to attend
- Acting as a liaison to local allies (down-ticket candidates, local Democratic Party organizations, etc)
- Staffing Congresswoman DelBene at events as needed
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Able to perform and thrive in high stress environments
- Able to prioritize multiple deadlines and handle regular challenges with a positive attitude
- Able and willing to work long hours and weekends
- Reliable access to a vehicle
- Great sense of humor
- Grassroots organizing, working knowledge of campaigns, and familiarity with VAN is desired
While the position will be based out of the Redmond campaign office, the 1st Congressional District is large and time will be spent all over the district.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Field
DelBene for Congress provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.