Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom’s Corporate Services Communications team seeks a compelling communicator, confident collaborator, and crafty creative to help us deliver innovative and impactful internal marketing initiatives. Our ideal candidate can get to speed quickly and synthesize information into exciting, informative, and actionable content using text, graphics, still and motion imagery, and digital platforms.
You may be a good fit for this role if:
· You appreciate that simplicity in writing is hard work. And you thrive on it.
· You know your <style> tags from your <class> tags.
· You’re a passionate advocate of the Oxford comma.
· You memorize company brand color hex codes.
· Your read the release notes for your favorite mobile app updates.
- Develop fresh, engaging content and collateral for a variety of communication channels including video, e-mail, online and print.
- Have an eye for accuracy and strive to deliver clear, concise, and consistent messages.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to execute communication strategies in a highly cross-functional environment to ensure project outcomes align with company priorities and direction.
- Select the most beneficial communication methods depending on audience and desired outcomes.
- Support a creative agency-style review and approval process to meet communication plan deadlines.
- Provide frequent and clear communications regarding project status to key partners while raising potential issues or key decisions needed to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide copywriting and editing expertise to a variety of business partners including leadership.
- Stay attuned to creative trends, tools, and best practices to inform new internal communications strategies.
Experience & Qualifications
- 2-4 years of experience in communications including content organization, message flow, grammar, proofreading, and editing.
- 1-2 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) in a professional setting.
- 2+ years of experience using SharePoint or web publishing tools (particularly SharePoint and WordPress) preferred.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Experience with the terminology and best practices of e-mail and social media marketing and tools.
- Project management skills and experience, including managing multiple projects at once.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving, and at times ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes.
- Ability to apply structured approaches to problem solving and decision-making.
- DSLR video production experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English literature, journalism, communications, or related field of study preferred.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.
|Job Title:||Communications Specialist|