Title: Limited Duration Volunteer Outreach and Development Coordinator
Chapter: Washington State
Reports To: Chapter Director
Context: Organizes and implements a volunteer and donor engagement program
Scope: The Volunteer Outreach and Development Coordinator works with Chapter leaders and staff to develop and implement programs for volunteer identification and training to support local volunteer leadership development, legislative action teams, and donor outreach. This is a limited duration, full-time position for at least seven months after the date of hire, with the possibility of extending the position beyond the seven months depending on funding.
- Working with staff and volunteer leaders, develops and implements outreach programs to identify and recruit and train potential volunteer leaders in targeted geographies, match volunteers with their areas of interest, and increase volunteer participation.
- Provides ongoing support and coordination for chapter volunteer legislative teams.
- Assists with ongoing efforts to improve communication and collaboration between chapter leaders and local volunteer groups.
- Writes copy for volunteer and donor outreach materials.
- Assists organizing staff and volunteer leaders in onboarding prospective new volunteers.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees fundraising events and programs, in consultation and collaboration with Chapter Director and volunteer leadership. These activities include may include events, donor identification and solicitation, and donor stewardship.
- Supports chapter efforts to develop and implement effective donor outreach, engagement, and communication programs.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to participate in Chapter fundraising programs and activities.
- Assists with updating and streamlining chapter processes for the acknowledgement of gifts.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
- Experience with Salesforce, a similar Customer Relation Management system, or basic experience with comparable database systems.
- Knowledge of Washington State politics or environmental issues preferred.
- Able to travel as needed for meetings and events. Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto insurance required, if traveling by car.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
This is a category 7 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.