The Field Director (FD) is expected to knock doors, build robust volunteer networks and serve as liaisons to the community. The FD must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse communities. A passion for electing progressive candidates is required, as is the ability to work nights and weekends. The FD will work closely with other campaign staff and the candidate.
This position will:
- Knock doors and phone bank for the campaign to meet weekly goals
- Grow the campaign’s network of supporters and volunteers
- Record and report all data entry for their area in a timely manner
- Support other campaign operations as necessary
- Help create a campaign culture that is upbeat and empowering, with great care for inclusion
- Comfort with participating in traditional forms of voter contact, including door-to-door canvassing and phone-banking
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to solve problems creatively
- Access to a laptop and reliable car transportation for the duration of the campaign
Qualified candidates should have the following skills including, but not limited to:
The position is 20 hours a week, starting immediately. Compensation is $15/hour.
Seattle for Strauss is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. We value and desire a diverse workplace. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.