1460 Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
POS Headquarters / Pier 69
$113,372.00 Min to $144,715.00 Mid (Grade 31)
Port of Seattle is committed to joining regional and national efforts to achieve equity and justice for all, and recognizes our essential role is in building a socially just institution by dismantling the structural barriers that have prevented the full participation of our most marginalized communities.
Port leadership recently created its first Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI). The Office is charged with ensuring that equity goals and objectives are incorporated throughout Port operations and providing strategic and policy direction on equity issues. The Office is led by a Senior Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, who is a member of the Executive Leadership Team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
We are seeking an engaging Senior Manager of Organizational Change- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion that will be an equity, racial and social justice leader with a passion for inspiring others, representing OEDI’s mission and values around the equity work. This position reports to the Senior Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Senior Manager of Organization Change will coordinate and provide overall project management for implementing internally-focused strategies in the 2019-20 Strategic Plan of the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI). The Senior Manager will work to ensure that Port divisions and departments include equity as a priority in their planning, processes and activities and that efforts are consistent Port-wide. The Senior Manager will provide guidance, tools and technical assistance for integrating equity principles into daily Port operations. This means transforming internal systems – structures and processes, policies and practices – and infusing all aspects of work operations with equity principles. This position is the key leadership position that will hold a Port-wide view to ensure that equity transformation is systematic and comprehensive.
The EDI Engagement and Communication Program Manager, EDI Policy Analyst and EDI Program Manager, Aviation will report directly into this role.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Organizational Change Management
Oversee and manage implementation of all internal-facing strategies in the OEDI Strategic Plan, including the following:
- Work with Divisions, Departments and programs to integrate equity system-wide including policies, processes and practice.
- Work with Divisions, Departments and programs to integrate equity practices at the individual work unit level into day-to-day operations.
- Ensure coordination among, consistencies in and seamlessness of system-level changes. Develop and manage annual work plans for all teams at Port of Seattle, based on equity objectives and priorities.
- Assemble and facilitate internal Port-wide work groups and teams.
- Develop recommendations, performance metrics, policies, and processes in support of ongoing equity work internally.
- Work with the OEDI Sr Director in support of budget planning and monitoring, internal and external planning, and logistics.
- Provide thought partnership to OEDI Sr Director, particularly on internal equity strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- External Relations- represent Port of Seattle in the City and County meetings, Government Alliance for Racial Equity, and in other spaces where we share and highlight our work regionally and nationally.
Provide Technical Assistance
- As part of Port-wide system change work, provide guidance, technical support and quality assurance.
- Develop, manage and make available relevant information/knowledge, tools, frameworks, and other technical resources.
- Provide equity coaching, training and technical assistance support to build staff and management capacity internally.
- Secure and deploy consultant resources to support technical assistance, as needed.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on embedding equity into internal operations.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct and apply equity-minded evaluations and analysis, using both qualitative and quantitative data, internal and community-facing, to guide course corrections and ongoing implementation.
- Prepare performance dashboards, other regular performance reports, and summarize results and interpretations of findings for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Combination of education and experience demonstrating knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree; and
- Five (5) years or more strategic planning and system-level change management in private or public sector organization(s).
Will generally work in an office environment.
Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week).
The Port of Seattle is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, knowing decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulations and ordinances.
Removal Date Information
This posting will close at 8:00pm PST on the removal date specified below.