Field Directors will be responsible for recruiting, managing and coordinating volunteers. Field Directors will be assigned to a specific geographical area where they will manage volunteer training and recruitment, voter registration, absentee and early voting programs and voter contact programs such as phone banks and canvasses. Field directors will bear primary responsibility for execution of the field plan in their assigned region. They will manage data collection and entry into the VAN.
Additionally, Field Directors will have responsibility as the point person for the campaign in their assigned region. The responsibilities entailed include, among other things, speaking on behalf of Congressman Kilmer at local functions that he is unable to attend, acting as the liaison to local allies (down-ticket candidates, regional Democratic Party organizations, etc.), and the appraisal of senior campaign staff on any important developments in their given region. They will report to the Political Director.
Field Directors must have access to reliable transportation.
Skills and Experience
- At least 1-2 cycles of grassroots organizing experience (or related experience) is preferred but not necessary.
- A strong self-starter, entrepreneurial. You don’t need someone to tell you what to do, and you have new ideas on how to make things work even better.
- A good manager. You’ll be managing a team of volunteers and interns and will need to be ready to support their work and solve problems creatively.
- Hard worker. You can work flexible hours and manage your time independently. You know that saving the world doesn’t just happen between 9 and 5.
- Comfortable with a virtual office. You are fine working at a distance with colleagues scattered around the Olympic Peninsula.
- Comfortable with technology, spending lots of time on the phone and working virtually.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com the subject line: Regional Field Director Position. In the body of the email, please rank your preferred geographic area assignment:
- Kitsap County
- North Peninsula (Clallam & Jefferson Counties with some support to Kitsap County)
- South Peninsula (Mason & Grays Harbor Counties)
Feel free to pass this posting along to interested parties.