Congresswoman Suzan DelBene is seeking an energetic District Scheduler. Primary responsibilities include managing the Congresswoman’s official schedule, travel plans, and related events in the district. Duties also include managing the Bothell Office Internship Program and other office operations including office equipment and supplies, required reporting, and assisting with personnel tracking, as well as fielding requests of the Congresswoman with staff and the public. This is an entry to mid-level position in a fast-paced office that frequently requires non-traditional work hours. Qualified applicants should have prior professional office experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Washington.Resumes@mail.house.gov
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
DISTRICT SCHEDULER AND STAFF ASSISTANT – OFFICE of CONGRESSWOMAN SUZAN DELBENE (WA-01)
The District Scheduler manages the Congresswoman’s schedule including organizing and vetting meeting requests and invitations, making travel arrangements, office and intern management, and is able to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced office.
- have prior office experience;
- strong telephone skills;
- strong oral and written communication skills;
- ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to prioritization of and recommendations on the Congresswoman’s appointments;
- very strong organizational skills;
- extreme thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
- experience making travel reservations and arrangements
- temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner; and
- availability to work long hours and at night and on weekends.
- management or leadership experience a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- prepares the daily schedule for the Member, and distributes copies to the Washington,
- DC, and district offices;
- prepares detailed itineraries for the Member, including important numbers, location and contact names;
- prepares monthly projected schedules for the Member;
- briefs the Member on all scheduling activities in the district offices;
- schedules all staff meetings and briefings;
- reviews the Member’s mail and invitations;
- responds to all invitations, either by written correspondence or by personal telephone call;
- maintains files of invitations that have been declined, accepted, or that are tentative/pending; and
- ensures that the Member is provided with briefing materials for each event (prepare briefing book)
- monitors incoming telephone calls to the office, takes messages/comments, and returns calls as needed;
- monitors the office’s compliance with House Rules, including mail reporting and ethics rules;
- manages office’s intern program, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and supervising;
- manages leave records for the staff;
- tracks and administers awards and documentation to Congressional Award Recipients;
- assists in strategic outreach and engagement with constituents and groups throughout he First District;
- responsible for special projects as assigned;
- manages office equipment and supplies for the district offices;
- supervises the reception desk, mail operations and the administrative support for the office;
- assumes responsibility for layout of the office furniture, equipment, telephones, and computers, as well as decorating the office;
- assists in setting up and maintaining district offices; and
- performs other duties as assigned.