|DEPARTMENT:||DNRP – Natural Resources & Parks|
|SALARY:||$42.14 – $53.41 Hourly|
$87,640.80 – $111,089.89 Annually
|LOCATION:||Various Locations throughout King County|
|JOB TYPE:||Special Duty Assignment or Term Limited Temp (TLT)|
|CLOSING DATE:||07/08/20 11:59 PM|
Job Overview: The Business Development and Partnerships Section in the Parks and Recreation Division is seeking a Project/Program Manager III – System Administrator for a term-limited temporary (TLT) or Special Duty Assignment (SDA). In this role you will have the opportunity to manage a new Recreation Management System (RMS) that will support the Parks and Recreation Division in daily scheduling operations including management of resident information, facility use, billing/invoicing, point of sale, and outside concessionaires. This includes working directly with the SaaS vendor, King County Information Technology (KCIT) staff and Parks’ system users on fulfilling project tasks, including planning, configuring, customization, testing, implementing, data conversion, maintenance, support and training.
About King County Parks
King County Parks has evolved from 150 acres in 1938 to more than 28,000 acres. Today, our system consists of more than 200 parks, 175 miles of regional trails, and 215 miles of backcountry trails. Our mission is to steward, enhance and acquire parks to inspire healthy communities. We seek to cultivate strong relationships with community partners to enhance park amenities for all King County residents to enjoy today and for generations to come. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/parks.
And check us out on the socials at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr.
Duration: This assignment is estimated to last two years with the possibility of extension.
Who May Apply: The position is open to all qualified candidates.
King County and the Parks and Recreation Division values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ, immigrants, refugees, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Required Forms and Materials: (1) A completed online King County application form, (2) resume, (3) cover letter detailing your background and what you can bring to the position, and (4) responses to the supplemental questions.
Work Location: This position will telework permanently. This position is expected to travel to various work locations throughout King County as needed for collaboration and system support needs.
Work Schedule: This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not overtime eligible. The workweek is normally Monday through Friday.
Our ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
Business Insight: Applies knowledge of business, finance and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Technical Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Effective Communicator: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the different audiences.
Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Passion for creativity and inspiring innovation.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Manage the implementation of RMS in coordination with SaaS vendor, KCIT and Parks system users.
- Oversight and program accountability: ensure all requirements and ongoing performance of the system are fulfilled, including finance/admin (accounting and contracts).
- Apply project management skills: including planning and facilitating structured brainstorming, team meetings, and other large group exercises to reach group decisions.
- Provide detailed guidance to multi-functional teams through project plans, technical documents, and other means of communicating complex technical concepts and solutions.
- Coordinate with KCIT to ensure project compliance with data and systems security and ensure alignment with KCIT’s project management methodology and governance.
- Lead business change management including enterprise communication and trainings.
- Serve as the technical expert to perform complex research, analysis and improvements.
- Manage integrated end user testing through test plans, test scripts, and results tracking.
- Develop and maintain data resources, including tailoring to user group needs. This includes creating record keeping systems, customizing views, queries and reports.
- Establish work flows, document business processes around RMS for facilitating business practices.
- Develop and update a Benefit Achievement Plan (BAP) for the project, which includes monitoring and measuring future performance metrics, and reporting this progress to the Office of Performance, Strategy & Budget (PSB) and the County Council.
- Perform administrator responsibilities for RMS. Coordinate ongoing upgrades/updates, maintenance and sustain program integrity.
- Communicate in wide variety of settings. Write reports, stories, correspondence, training materials, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of progressively responsible experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating knowledge and application of managing SaaS products, data analysis, customer service and communications, project management, finance/accounting, contract management, reporting, presentation, and staff leadership. The candidate will also have:
- Advanced knowledge of methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, and problem resolution of software and other information systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to make sound business decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, judgment and knowledge of current practices and information.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, recommend and synthesize complex organizational data to resolve issues and recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, write, and present complex reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; present information, proposals, and recommendations clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience with complex project management including developing roles, milestones, and timelines, and coordinating communication and outcomes with external and internal teams.
- Ability to apply analytic and problem-solving skills to develop sound, well-reasoned decisions, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Demonstrated experience applying equity and social justice principles and practices in a government or business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with diverse populations and interest groups.
- Ability to apply excellent customer service skills both orally and in writing, including the ability to provide professional and courteous service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft CRM.
- Strong data analytics skills and knowledge of database structures.
The Most Competitive Candidates Will Have:
- Demonstrated skill in building and managing multifunctional project teams to tackle a common business issue.
- Demonstrated experience in administrating systems needs around recreation management systems that serve constituents seeking parks resources through on-line reservations and payments.
- Five years or more of progressively responsible experience on a variety of projects including some large complex projects. Equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating knowledge and application of SaaS products, data analysis, reporting, presentation, and project management.
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end of government software systems.
- Strong team leadership experience
Selection Process: Application materials will be screened for clarity, completeness including online application, cover letter and resume, and responsiveness to the list of qualifications, skills, and abilities. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more panel interviews.
Union Membership: This position is not represented by a union.
Contact Information: For any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shawna Ousse at email@example.com or (206) 263-3536.