The Senior Policy Manager will lead Indivisible’s work on immigration and civil rights, with an emphasis on immigration. The SPM will be responsible for policy and political analysis, rapid response, production of supportive resources, and campaign management of core Indivisible issues. This position will involve high-level conversations with congressional staff, partners, and media. A key aspect of this position will be cultivating and managing key relationships with partner organizations, especially those representing directly affected individuals. This position will also require providing local Indivisible groups with information and support to empower them to do advocacy on these issues.
This is a full time position with a salary range of $65,000 to $75,000 annually, commensurate with experience, plus benefits. This position reports to the Policy Director.
- Identifies key policy opportunities related to issues in portfolio
- Carefully and strategically lays out Indivisible’s policy positions on immigration and civil rights
- Develops a plan for strategic engagement with key partners and experts
- Conducts rapid, but accurate, analysis of developing issues and is responsible for production of policy materials for external use
- Responsible for ensuring staff and local groups understand policy developments
- 7 years of experience with no degree OR bachelors + at least 4 years of relevant professional experience: 2 years of congressional experience + 2 years of professional experience handling immigration policy, either for an MOC, a committee, or national advocacy organization
- Attention to detail, especially when it comes to accuracy
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of Indivisible’s theory of change
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required with enough professional experience
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day – a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great – throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.