The Democratic National Committee seeks a digital strategist to join our team as Social Media Director within the DNC’s Mobilization Department.
The mission of the Mobilization Department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide grassroots supporters with encouragement, power, and the tools to mobilize in their communities.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting supporters more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
Social Media Director
We’re looking for a Social Media Director to help develop the Democratic Party’s online voice and brand through all social media platforms at the DNC. The ideal candidate has a passion for driving smart, informative content strategy and at least 4 years’ experience in social content for a campaign, committee, or progressive organization — experience managing staff is a plus.
Candidates should be able to write within an established brand identity and quickly be able to switch between voices for various DNC platforms, while contributing ideas for further developing and expanding the DNC’s digital content. The person in this position oversees the day-to-day operation of the DNC social media accounts and democrats.org website. This is not an entry-level job.
We welcome applications from a wide variety of backgrounds, though candidates with experience in digital organizing strategy and state parties are particularly encouraged to apply. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer; women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Own and drive the DNC’s social content strategy for the 2020 cycle for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Medium, YouTube, and more
- Directly supervise a team of social content managers
- Collaborate within the mobilization team to produce and amplify compelling video and graphic design content
- Work directly with the Chief Mobilization Officer, the Message Mobilization Director, the Creative Director, and the DNC’s communications and research teams to amplify our message online
- Develop and execute a strategic editorial calendar
- Direct social media rapid response for breaking news moments
- Direct digital organizing opportunities for our national social platform in conjunction with our grassroots mobilization team
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1-2 election cycles or 4+ years experience working in digital strategy with a specific focus on social media and/or writing
- Experience managing and developing staff
- Experience building and executing a data-driven approach to online growth strategies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple platforms and multiple writing styles, including a keen ability to learn and harness the voices of different accounts and/or principals
- Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to work and excel under deadline pressure
- An eagle eye for typos and errors
- Previous organizing experience and an eye for digital organizing is a plus
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.