The mission of the Mobilization Department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring the American people into the heart of the DNC by empowering them with the tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact races up and down the ballot while building a movement to put a Democrat in the White House in 2020.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to energizing Democratic voters, mobilizing grassroots donors, and getting people more deeply involved to support the party both online and offline. Come join us.
The Democratic National Committee is looking to hire an email writer to help run one of the largest and most active grassroots mobilization programs in politics. You will be responsible for writing and executing grassroots campaigns using fundraising and mobilization tactics to achieve our ambitious goals, including raising tens of millions of dollars in grassroots donations from as many Americans as possible.
To succeed, you’ll need to relentlessly pursue excellence in all written communications. Be ready to work extraordinarily hard; this isn’t a 9-5 sort of job.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for writing direct response copy to reach supporters through email
- Innovate how to best reach and mobilize our grassroots supporters over email and tell a story about the work of the Democratic National Committee that is coherent and integrated across all channels
- Create overall strategy and planning (long-term and short-term) for fundraising and mobilization campaigns, including execution of complex segmentation and optimization programs, while ensuring the highest standard of quality
- Assist in the management of one of the largest and most complex email lists in politics. You’ll be responsible for accuracy in targeting and segmentation
- Propose ideas for testing and optimization
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timelines, with coordination across our design and data teams
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors and have a deep understanding of how to inspire people to take action using the written word
- Strong, sharp, and personable writing style
- You’re flexible and adaptive; rapid response situations don’t phase you, you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
Preference given for experience with:
- Working with an email or direct marketing program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization or non-profit organization
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms and/or website CMS, CRM, and/or mass email systems (e.g. Blue State Digital, Action Network, ActionKit, EveryAction)
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.