Location: Seattle, WA
Contact: Resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE – CIVIC VENTURES
Civic Ventures is a small group of political troublemakers devoted to ideas, policies, and actions that catalyze significant social change. We are focused on disruptive innovation in the civic sphere and work on solutions at the scale of the problem. We are serial innovators in the civic space who favor the kind of big, disruptive ideas that upturn conventional thinking. Though we promote many progressive concepts, we’re not beholden to the traditional political framework of liberal versus conservative; an idea’s value and utility should be more important than its origin. By thinking, writing, and acting outside the realm of conventional political discourse, Civic Ventures plans to drive the conversation and fundamentally alter the status quo in Seattle, Washington state, and across the nation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Civic Ventures primarily engages in campaigns and causes in the political economy sphere; we also work on housing, gun violence prevention and climate. As part of our advocacy work we create and distribute communications pieces through several dierent channels, including email lists, social media, blogging, videos, and other formats. The goal of this position is to use these tools to build grassroots support and power for the causes we care about.
This position will be responsible for planning and executing a communications, engagement and expansion strategy designed to build power and influence on the issues we work on.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing an overall strategy for our communications and advocacy channels;
- Producing timely, relevant, and engaging content across communication channels that promotes our goals;
- Managing an editorial calendar across all channels to create an echo chamber and maximize support for campaigns we are promoting;
- Shooting and editing web-optimized videos;
- Producing graphics in collaboration with a graphic designer;
- Managing vendor relationships;
- Identifying and creating strategic partnerships in order to grow our email list or expand our reach on other channels; and
- Managing budgets, identifying performance metrics, and tracking performance analytics.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in political campaigning or other relevant work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and political judgement
- Strong attention to detail
- A successful track record in creating and implementing strategic plans
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Project management experience, including eective time-management and follow-through skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and with teams
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings when necessary
- Commitment to progressive change
Additional Desired Skills:
- Candidates who excel at building movements are encouraged to apply
- Experience driving earned media and communications products internally and externally, including press events
- Experience establishing press relationships locally and nationally
- Ability to write and copy-edit press releases, op-eds, and speeches
This is a full time position with salary and benefits negotiable and commensurate with experience. Please include full name and “Director” in the subject line. Send to email@example.com
Our organization is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, valued, and supported. Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBTQA community are strongly encouraged to apply.