POLICY & PROGRAM ASSOCIATE – JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact: Resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com
WHO WE ARE – CIVIC VENTURES
Civic Ventures is a small group of political troublemakers devoted to ideas, policies, and actions that catalyze significant social change. We are focused on disruptive innovation in the civic sphere and work on solutions at the scale of the problem. We are serial innovators in the civic space who favor the kind of big, disruptive ideas that upturn conventional thinking. Though we promote many progressive concepts, we’re not beholden to the traditional political framework of liberal versus conservative; an idea’s value and utility should be more important than its origin. By thinking, writing, and acting outside the realm of conventional political discourse, Civic Ventures plans to drive the conversation and fundamentally alter the status quo in Seattle, Washington state, and across the nation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Civic Ventures primarily engages in campaigns and causes in the political economy sphere; we also work on housing, gun violence prevention and climate. We are seeking a Policy and Program Associate to support our executive team in carrying out our public policy and program goals. This position will be responsible for carrying out a combination of short-term and long-term projects across all of the bodies of work that Civic Ventures is engaged in.
The Policy and Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Conducting research on public policy and other topics of varying complexity;
- Providing general project support for the Civic Ventures’ executive team, including meeting scheduling, office administration, project coordination, and document archiving;
- Executing on a myriad of tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment;
- Writing and editing to support Civic Ventures projects;
- Working with vendors, coalitions, and partners on projects to support Civic Ventures’ goals; and
- Completing tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a political or policy environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and political judgement
- Strong attention to detail
- A successful track record doing quick, efficient, and timely work
- Outstanding research, writing, and editing skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and with teams
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings when necessary
- Commitment to progressive change
Additional Desired Skills:
- Project management experience, including effective time-management and follow-through skills, a plus
This is a full time position with salary and benefits negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Please include full name and “Associate” in the subject line. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our organization is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, valued, and supported. Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBTQA community are strongly encouraged to apply.