Location: Seattle, WA
Contact: Resume and cover letter should be sent to Angie@civic-ventures.com
WHO WE ARE – CIVIC VENTURES
Civic Ventures is a small group of political troublemakers devoted to ideas, policies, and actions that catalyze significant social change. We are focused on disruptive innovation in the civic sphere and work on solutions at the scale of the problem. We are serial innovators in the civic space who favor the kind of big, disruptive ideas that upturn conventional thinking. Though we promote many progressive concepts, we’re not beholden to the traditional political framework of liberal versus conservative; an idea’s value and utility should be more important than its origin. By thinking, writing, and acting outside the realm of conventional political discourse, Civic Ventures plans to drive the conversation and fundamentally alter the status quo in Seattle, Washington state, and across the nation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Civic Ventures primarily engages in campaigns and causes in the political economy sphere; we also work on housing, gun violence prevention and climate. Civic Ventures has developed digital content platforms (email, podcast, social media, blogs, advertising) that support those political issues and serve as the public face of our organization. We are seeking a digital content manager that will generate and curate content for our platforms. This content will appear as posts on facebook, twitter, long-form blog posts, and as creative materials in advertising campaigns.
The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for:
- Generating original creative content for social/digital platforms;
- Curating content from partner/affinity organizations that will be shared on our platforms;
- Assisting in research projects to support content planning;
- Writing and editing to support Civic Ventures projects;
- Managing the creation of project-based collateral;
- Working with Civic Venture’s Advocacy Program Director to support the design and execution of advertising campaigns; and
- Completing tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and original content for political or social issues;
- At least one year as content creator;
- A successful track record doing quick, efficient, accurate, and timely work;
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and with teams; and
- Commitment to progressive change.
- Additional Desired Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit complex content;
- Ability to create memes and other content using industry tools like Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects and Premiere;
- Experience executing Facebook or other social media advertising campaigns;
- Familiarity with basic web editing or similar content management system;
- Experience creating and editing video content for social media platforms; and
- Experience with campaign/political communications work.
This is a term-limited position, freelancers also welcome to apply. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please include full name and “Digital Content Manager” in the subject line. Send to Angie@civic-ventures.com
Our organization is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, valued, and supported. Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBTQA community are strongly encouraged to apply.