Mid-level Communication Professionals Seattle, Washington
At APCO, Project Consultants work closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in energy, health, tech, and nonprofit sectors.
You will support client projects by writing and distributing client materials (i.e. client reports, opinion pieces, PowerPoints decks, fact sheets, press releases); researching issues, trends, stakeholders, and best practices; engaging in select media relations opportunities; coordinating meetings and events; and supporting a wide array of ad-hoc client deliverables.
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate, government and non-profit clients
- Provide outstanding client service
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Support strategy development for client campaigns
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- 2 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Keen interest in, and opinions on, current affairs, public policy and media
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Digital/social media fluency; experience conducting research using digital tools a plus
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.