ACM Strategies is an offensive coordinator for the worker justice movement. We are a woman-run firm that specializes in digital campaigns that educate, inoculate, and turn workers into activists. Our clients include labor unions, coalitions, and advocacy groups that are excited about winning uphill battles.
The Digital Strategist is an expert at identifying and telling stories that will motivate workers and activists. They are able to juggle multiple projects at once, and can quickly react to the news and political changes. They’re able to effectively channel the voice of a community and motivate its members into action.
This full-time job can be done remotely from anywhere in the United States. We’re a small and growing company; we work collaboratively and value enthusiasm and initiative. We work in multiple time zones, and occasional travel within the U.S. may be required.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for:
- Shaping the direction of a campaign’s online communications and making strategy recommendations.
- Maintaining multiple social media accounts and making improvements based on data.
- Setting up and managing Facebook, Twitter, and Google ad campaigns.
- Managing online actions and writing emails.
- Monitoring the news for rapid response opportunities, and coming up with imaginative ways to be part of the conversation.
We highly value diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities. ACM Strategies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or parental status.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicant must have:
- A solid understanding of the labor movement and current worker justice issues.
- 1-3 years experience working with a digital firm, labor union, or progressive organization.
- Excellent writing skills. You should be able to explain complicated ideas in a few paragraphs.
- Experience managing a campaign or organization’s social media accounts, and an understanding of social media metrics.
- Experience managing Facebook and Twitter advertising campaigns.
- Basic graphic design skills, including experience using the Adobe Suite or Canva.
- The focus to be a self-manager. This is a remote position, so you should be confident in your ability to stay on track.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a small team, where responsibilities may change quickly.
- Experience creating videos or graphics in a rapid-response situation.
- Experience with, or an eagerness to learn, Action Network.
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish.
- Experience using Facebook Business Manager, Facebook ads, Mobile Commons, and/or Google ads.
- An ability to make content updates in WordPress.
The salary range for this position is $42,000 to $52,000 per year, depending on experience and location, plus potential for commission and fast growth.
In addition to a healthcare stipend, benefits include a flexible work schedule, an unlimited vacation time policy, paid holidays, and professional development opportunities.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and a work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Strategist.”