Location: Bremerton, WA
SUMMARY: The Kitsap County District Representative acts as a liaison to federal, district, and local agencies for Rep. Kilmer and constituents. The District Representative is responsible for developing a strong constituency outreach program, representing Rep. Kilmer at meetings and events, and shaping Rep. Kilmer’s District schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as the representative for the Member within Kitsap County, including answering constituent correspondence, meeting with constituents, verbal communications with constituents, and serving as a liaison with federal, district, and local agencies;
- Informs the Member and the District Director of all happenings in his or her assigned issue areas by screening district media sources and interacting with constituents;
- Acts as a liaison to local, state and federal officials and other persons or groups to form effective relationships for the Member;
- Monitors scheduled district meetings for the Member with constituents;
- Prepares periodic reports for the District Director on local issues and district activities in his or her assigned issue areas;
- Meets attendance requirements as established by the office;
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Member, staff, and constituents;
- Accepts performance based criticism and directions;
- Works well under pressure and handles stress;
- Works a flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Post-Secondary Education is strongly preferred but not required. At least one year working in an office setting that interacts with the public is beneficial. Knowledge and/or ties to Kitsap County, Washington strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of all issues and events in the district in which the Member is involved;
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities;
- Ability to perform the essential job functions above;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Knowledge of office policies, practices, and procedures;
- Knowledge of office computer applications; and
- Proficiency in word processing.
QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact Rep. Kilmer’s District Director, Andrea Roper at Roper@mail.house.gov or (253) 272-3515.