Tesla is seeking a versatile Policy Associate in its Washington, D.C. office. The Policy Associate will primarily lead and develop product experience opportunities for external stakeholders—including government officials, NGOs, and industry participants. In addition, the Associate support our team’s policy and industry research, legislative analysis, and broader federal and state policy and business development efforts. Qualified candidates should have interest in the sustainable energy and transportation fields with particular focus on electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, solar energy, and energy storage.
The Policy Associate will conduct policy research on a wide array of issue areas for staff; draft correspondence on policy issues for internal and external use, assist in the tracking of business-related policy issues in both the legislative and regulatory forums, and track developments in the relevant transportation and energy sectors. Successful candidates will be self-starters with strong communication and research skills, and will be detail-oriented and organized, as well as interested in public policy, politics, and current events. Previous work experience on the Hill or in state government is highly preferred.
Tesla’s Policy and Business Development team supports the company’s objectives by communicating with, engaging, and educating key stakeholders.
- Lead and develop product experience opportunities
- Tracking and analyzing legislation and policy proposals
- Preparing summary reports, memos and slide decks on current policy and industry developments
- Attending legislative briefings and public hearings
- Coalition outreach within the sustainable transportation and energy communities
- BA in relevant field. MBA, MPP, JD or other advanced degree preferred. Or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Knowledge of relevant sustainable transportation and energy policy topics.
- Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project experience is preferred.
- Professional and positive written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.