Field Director Job Description
Pramila Jayapal is seeking a passionate individual to run our organizing, voter engagement and resistance-building efforts in Washington’s 7th Congressional District.
The Field Director will work closely with both political staff and allied organizations to plan and implement a district-wide organizing strategy.
Pramila Jayapal for Congress is seeking candidates who believe in a strong progressive vision for our country, including economic opportunity for all, public education, social security, women’s healthcare, the environment, immigrant rights and criminal justice reform.
Candidates must be organizers who understand Pramila’s vision:
“We need movement builders who understand that our role as elected officials is not only to pass good policy or stop bad policy, but to be the bridge between government and the people, to remind people that we represent them, and to help inspire hope, trust, and a new generation of activism.”
The Ideal Field Director Candidate will:
- Organize and recruit volunteers, interns, and allied organizations around building the resistance.
- Plan and execute days of action, rallies, press events, canvasses, and phone banks focused on key issues and progressive candidates.
- Implement a district-wide organizer training and leadership development program.
- Serve as a campaign surrogate at local political events.
- Must know how to use VAN, pull turf, and design a strong field program.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through.
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings.
- Must have a car.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- 2-4 years organizing experience required.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with
“Field Director” in the subject line.