The King County Bar Association Pro Bono Services promote social justice by establishing and managing volunteer-based, client-focused legal services programs and provides services on an equal and non-discriminatory basis for low income King County residents who would not otherwise receive legal assistance.
General Responsibilities: Provide administrative support, and Legal Server (case management data base) tech support for the Pro Bono Services Director and to PBS Department.
Reports to PBS Director
Administrative support for the Director
- Assist director with creating meeting agendas, with correspondence, and monthly report tracking. Take minutes at the monthly PBS team meetings. Assist with meeting catering needs.
- Judicial Screening Committee: create attendance surveys, compile materials
PBS Special Project Management
- Plan, implement, maintain, and coordinate PBS special projects
- Coordinate with other KCBA departments on special projects
- Assist the director with special projects as they arise.
PBS Department Support
- Participate and assist in facilitation of PBS department meetings
- Provide support on the Neighborhood Legal Clinics scheduling line and provide back up as needed.
- Collaborate on PBS wide CLE’s.
- Support KCBA event staff with annual association events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Trainings: Set Up Streaming Video, Edit CLE videos, Maintain Online Library of CLE’s
- Assist with research, coordinate data collection, and production grant applications, and reports.
- Responsible for the administration of client/volunteer database, Legal Server, including customization, user training, and oversight of data quality. Also, lead staff for PBS-wide client data collection, reporting and analysis through a lens of social justice. Train staff and interns on Legal Server database. Act as main liaison with Legal Server vendor on database issues, customization needs and upgrades. Lead staff on Pro Bono Services funding reports (including applications, demographics, quarterly and annual outcome reports) Analyze data generated from the system, for both internal and external purposes. Identify and resolve any software issues; troubleshoot problems; analyze and evaluate client database systems; recommend and implement improvements.
- Maintain and improve the PBS Department webpages, including posting notices, job and volunteer opportunities, updates, contact information, etc. on KCBA website
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience
- Aptitude for learning new computer applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical concepts to program management staff including the ability to respond to clients, volunteers, and staff with patience, objectivity, and a nonjudgmental attitude
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Initiative, creativity and problem solving abilities
- Ability to make decisions on own and function independently in close cooperation with others
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Committed to the Pro Bono Services mission of promoting access to justice
- Experience with administering a case management database
- Adobe InDesign
- Experience with data analysis and presentation
Annual salary range: $35,000 – 37,000 (40 hours per week)
Excellent health benefits, 401K
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we highly encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. Diversity is defined by the King County Bar Association to refer to the inclusion of individuals who self-identify with those groups historically discriminated against, and which continue to experience the effects of such, and/or who are under-represented in the legal profession including on the basis of disability, gender, race/ ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to HR@kcba.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
The position is open until filled. Applications received on or before April 21 will receive priority.