Indivisible seeks a Director of Policy & Research to develop and implement our strategy to empower local activists with actionable information so that they can engage their Members of Congress.
- Strategy Development. Coordinate with leadership team to develop and implement overarching strategic plan and objectives relating to Congress.
- Demystifying Congress. Supervise a team producing content focused on empowering local advocates with the knowledge they need to effectively pressure their members of Congress. This will include:
- Short briefs on congressional procedure and policy issues
- Rapid updates on current happenings in Congress and sample actions for constituents
- Tips for interacting with members of Congress
- Other products as determined by this role, in coordination with other Indivisible Project teams
- Rapid Analysis. Supervise team monitoring congressional and administrative activities in real time, and provide quick actionable analysis.
- Monitor congressional/administrative daily
- Provide quick analysis to other Indivisible Project teams, such as Communications and Field.
- Strategic Partnerships. Build and maintain close relationships with key partners, including:
- National think tanks and advocacy organizations
- Key congressional contacts
- Other movements, informal and formal resistance efforts
- Managing Volunteers and Staff. Supervise a policy team of 3-5 staff, and a pool of volunteers with a variety of experiences and differing time commitments.
- A minimum of two years’ Capitol Hill experience and 5+ years’ professional experience in government, policy advocacy, or political organizing
- Experience managing projects across teams and coordinating with outside stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability to entrepreneurially excel in a fast-pace, campaign-like environment
- Alignment on the core progressive values of the Indivisible Project and commitment to assisting groups in implementing the strategy of the Indivisible Guide.
About the Indivisible Project:
Following the election of Donald Trump, a group of two dozen former congressional staffers and progressive advocates drafted a document called “Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda.” What is the Indivisible Guide? It’s a toolkit on citizen power, a set of local, defensive advocacy strategies and tactics for resisting the Trump agenda. Thousands of local groups have now formed in every congressional district in the country to put the guide into action.
The Indivisible Project is now transitioning from an all-volunteer effort to a 501(c)(4) organization to support the efforts of these local groups as they resist the Trump agenda. We are hiring immediately, with a preference for D.C.-based applicants.
How to Apply: If you are interested, please send your CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, and other groups that have historically been subject to discrimination.