Job ID: 31071
Location: Seattle, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Vice President Finance and Planning
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a “can-do” spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, As the regional carrier for Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air provides service to cities and communities throughout Alaska, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Alberta and British Columbia (Canada). As a partner to Alaska, we turn regional travel into a different kind of commute, impromptu visits, weekend getaways, and stopovers along global journeys – and we do so dependably, efficiently, enjoyably. In this way, we’re not just an airline; we’re the route to more people, places, and experiences. A catalyst for larger communities, more closely connected. Horizon Air is a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK). .
Role Summary The Director Communications will work collaboratively throughout the organization, coordinating controlled communications that leverage cutting edge methods of delivery (social, mobile, push notifications, blog, etc.) This role will take a leadership position with all internal communications that reach a very broad employee base.
Scope & Complexity This leadership role directs internal communications activities for Horizon Air, working on major writing assignments and overseeing the activity of the communications department.
- Leads strategic, internal communication efforts across a geographically diversified employee base of over 3,000 (union and non-union), in partnership with executive leadership in each functional area
- Stays current, and employs the most recent trends in how employees receive company information (Mobile, Push, Social, Blogs, etc.). Leverage the use of video and infographics to deliver compelling content to employees
- Develops close working relationships between Corporate Communication and each operating division of the company to optimize company messaging
- In partnership with Investor Relations, play a supporting role in the presentation of Horizon Air’s financial performance (shareholder meetings, analyst calls, etc.) including translating complex financial results into clear and concise communications that are delivered internally
- Acts as a key contributor on the Crisis Communication team, in partnership with the President and other members of the executive staff
- Identifies strategic objectives for corporate communications and explores and proposes innovative communications solutions.
- Proofreads and edits the copy of others, both inside and outside the department.
- Stays abreast of the industry and issues affecting the company, its employees, customers, and shareholders.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills Required
- A minimum of 8 years of corporate communications and/or journalism experience.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in communications, journalism, or a related discipline.
- Progressive management experience, with minimum 3 years of demonstrated success, in a senior Corporate Communications position, managing directly or indirectly a high-performing team
- High energy, positive, and executive-level presence, along with top-notch written and verbal communication, public speaking, influencing, and motivational skills.
- Skilled at making and defending tough decisions, while demonstrating care and concern for the opinions of others, both inside and outside the organization
- Strong background in writing clearly, concisely, creatively, and on deadline.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Preferred
- Direct applicable experience working with airline senior executives preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Adobe Dreamweaver, InDesign, and/or Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging cutting edge communication tools (social media, blog, mobile, push notifications, etc.)
- Understanding of layout, design, and photography as applied to print and electronic applications.
- Airline industry experience or knowledge
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Professional work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with all work groups while addressing people courageously, directly, and candidly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive outcomes in the best interest of the company directly (particularly with direct reports) and indirectly with others in the organization that may be executive sponsors, sponsors or other stakeholders.
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and creative solutions-focused mindset, with ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, collaborative environment and to manage conflict.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE – HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air’s success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: September 12th, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying –
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. – before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.