Headquartered in Seattle, Washington FLSA Status: Exempt
The House Democratic Caucus Campaign Committee (HDCC) seeks an energetic and organized Finance and Operations Director to assist the Executive Director and Executive Committee in achieving the organization’s fundraising goals and ensure the smooth operation of the day-to-day business of the organization.
- Implement a strategic development plan in conjunction with the Executive Director and HDCC Chair.
- Manage and grow the individual giving program, including identifying, cultivating and acknowledging potential donors.
- Plan and execute all fundraising events for the organization.
- Schedule, prepare briefings and staff meetings for the Executive Director, Speaker of the House and HDCC Chair.
- Develop and implement fundraising plans with candidates, including coordinating and staffing fundraising events, preparing and staffing call time and working with campaign managers to ensure their success.
- Manage and oversee all database input, with a strong emphasis on coding all contributions and keeping donor information up-to-date.
- Track the finances of all House members and candidates, eight caucus accounts, and all relevant PACs.
- Produce a PAC workbook and assist members with fundraising.
- Manage all HDCC compliance obligations with our treasury firm.
- Monitor fundraising and produce monthly fundraising reports.
- Manage HDCC’s website, communications, social media and campaign contact information.
- Manage day to day HDCC operations as assigned, including coordinating campaign manager hiring and payroll needs, answering incoming phone calls, data entry, mass mailings, filings, and other tasks.
- Coordinate closely with Washington Senate Democratic Campaign staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in political science, public
administration, government, communications, or related field with a minimum of two years of experience working with elected officials, candidates or high-level executives. Experience with database management, Microsoft Office and scheduling highly preferred.
Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, strategic, and able to work with many types of people and personalities; possess strong written and organizational skills; perform in a deadline-driven environment; and exhibit high attention to detail. Travel and evening and weekend work are required.
This position is full time and slated to run January through December of 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience. HDCC offers full health and dental benefits and a cell phone reimbursement.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to the HDCC Executive Director, Mina Hashemi Mercer at email@example.com. The HDCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply. The position will remain open until November 15, 2017 or until filled.
Founded in 1995, the HDCC is the political arm of the Washington State House Democratic Caucus. It is a statewide organization whose mission is to win 50 or more seats in the Washington State House of Representatives every two years, by defending all House Democratic incumbents and recruiting, training, funding, and electing additional Democrats to the State House.