We are seeking a Fundraising Assistant for a U.S. Senate race in the Pacific Northwest to join our team between now and the November 2018 election. The scope of work includes assisting in all levels of fundraising for a statewide candidate. This is a fantastic opportunity for those wishing to gain experience on a political campaign and build a vast professional network in a busy work environment.
- Assist fundraising lead, help execute a comprehensive fundraising plan including prepping for candidate call time, prospecting new donors, and helping to manage large fundraising events;
- Special event coordination from small gatherings to large scale, high profile political fundraisers;
- Direct donor communication and donor maintenance across the state;
- Manage, clean, track, and build new and existing donor database systems;
- Report on fundraising goals, strategy, and developments to fundraising lead;
- And other responsibilities as they develop.
- Requires proficient professional experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, and Google Drive
- Ability to prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to maintain and manage highly confidential or sensitive information
- Additional skills in graphic design valuable but not necessary
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Experience in fundraising on a political campaign strongly preferred. Non-fundraising, campaign experience welcome.
Application Procedure: To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume showing why you would be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fundraising Associate” as the subject line.