Primary Office Location: Seattle, Washington
The Alliance for Gun Responsibility works to end the gun violence crisis in our community and to promote a culture of gun ownership that balances rights with responsibilities. Through collaboration with experts, civic leaders, and citizens, we work to find evidenced-based solutions to the crisis of gun violence in our community. We create innovative policy, advocate for changes in laws, and promote community education to reduce gun violence. We made history in passing I-594 for universal background checks and we intend to lead the country again with our initiative for Extreme Risk Protection Orders which allowed law enforcement and family members to petition a judge to temporarily suspend the purchase and possession of firearms if they were found to be a significant threat to themselves or others.
You can learn more about the Alliance for Gun Responsibility here: www.gunresponsibility.org.
About the Position:
The Chapter Team Organizer will work with the Alliance Chapter Team volunteers to implement the 2017
Chapter Model Plan of the Alliance, engaging and educating voters about Gun Responsibility and Gun Responsibility candidates. There will be electoral grassroots advocating by phone, on doors, and at community events. Organizers will:
- Recruit for and manage phone banks and canvasses by Chapter Team Volunteers
- Recruit volunteers and help develop Alliance Chapter Team volunteers
- Be representatives for the Alliance at partner and coalition events
- Work weekends and evenings during the height of campaign season
- Regularly report numbers produced by the Alliance electoral field plan
- Manage visibility events with the Alliance’s #ivoteorange campaign and collect signed pledge cards
Organizers should have experience with the following skills and organizations:
- One/two cycles of campaign experience
- Experience training and working with volunteers
- Strong communication/writing skills
- Ability to meet competing deadlines
- Voter Activation Network knowledge
- Word, Google doc, and calendar proficient
- Sense of humor
- Union/Community organizing a plus but not required
- Coding skills a plus but not required
- Second language a plus but not required
Candidate must have a car and valid driver’s license. Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package. Women, persons of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply. This position lasts through November 2017, but ongoing opportunities with the Alliance may be available. If interested, send resume and a brief cover letter noting experience working with volunteers on campaigns and any field experience to Edward@wagunresponsibility.org. Please include “Chapter Team Organizer” in the subject line.